Saturday, November 30, 2013

4 Days of Total Fun

Our last leg of the trip was in Orlando, Florida.  Shad had to get some CE courses for his license. I was happy to tag along to the warm sunny weather that Florida is famous for, I almost backed out of it to hurry back to the kids....almost.  See Rebecca and Randy decided we were close enough that they would drive to meet us.  They left their kids in North Carolina with different friends and drove the 8 hours to see little old us.  I haven't seen Rebecca for 2 1/2 years, and that is just too long. 

Before Randy and Rebecca arrived, and after Shad went to his first day at the conference, I spent the day relaxing, unwinding and doing some laundry.

They arrived before dinner on Wednesday and we didn't stop smiling all night.
Shad thinks we would make a good couple if we were into that sort of thing.
 We shopped and talked and ate and shopped and talked all day the next day.  Shad was at the conference and Randy was a good sport to drive us around and make himself scarce in the stores.

On our way into Orlando, it crossed my mind that Cameron often comes to run conferences there.  I shot him a quick text to just see if this was one of those times.  Turns out it was.  We got to take him out to dinner the night before he left to go back home.  I loved getting to bump into him in a completely random part of the country.  It makes us sound like real jet-setters, bumping into family on business trips.  He looked good.  Randy couldn't believe how big Cameron is and Rebecca called him Gaston (from Beauty and the Beast).  I love introducing people I love to people I love.


Ikea was on the schedule and we went through that store back and forth.  I love shopping with Rebecca. It's possibly one of my favorite things to do.  Doesn't she look great? She's been working out.


We set out to buy Rebecca a designer pair of sunglasses.  She ended up with two pair, still totaling less than what our husbands would spend on a half a pair.
We rocked those reject pairs.


On Saturday, it came way too fast, we headed to Universal Studios.  I wanted to see Hogwarts.  Harry Potter brings out my geekiness so easily.  I love rollercoasters, but got sick on The Hulk.  It was quite a ride. It made the rest of the rides a little less fun.  My favorite was probably the log ride.  I love water.

Captain America, he brings out my patriotic side.


HOGWARTS!! I wanted to buy my kids all the wands and Harry Potter candy available.  Unfortunately I spent all our money during the shopping trips the 2 days before.



Can you see why I like her?

Hogwarts Express.



This is Shad's nightmare a theme park busting with people and nothing that interests him. He was a good sport and met us there after his conference ended in the afternoon.

We had so much fun with the Newcomers and could've spent another week with them, but I couldn't be away from these three any longer.  I missed them so much.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Reading this makes me smile and smile and smile. I miss you. I could've spent another week there too. Darn kids.

wyochatfields said...

Looks like you ended your trip on a good note.