I feel like my life is on Fast Forward. Did we have a November this year? It went by so quickly, I hardly remember any of it.
I feel like my kids are on Fast Forward. Always moving, talking, fighting, growing.
So, lets' just Fast Forward this blog a little too and quickly get through what we've missed so far.
Crazy Hair Day at school. Ella chose a style that fits her to a T. She is half nuts and half normal.
Another nice day to play outside. We don't normally get very many of those kind of days.
This is the last picture we got of our trampoline before it blew away in a windstorm. The wind (which is completely not normal for Alaska's Interior) knocked out the power and woke me up around midnight. I looked outside to check on our yard and discovered the trampoline missing. I couldn't see it anywhere and the wind was still howling like crazy. At 3-ish, the power came back on and woke both Shad and me. I told him about the trampoline and he started getting his coat on to step outside and look for it. It was 2 houses down, upside down. Shad started putting his snowpants on to try and bring it back. I knew it would be really difficult for just one person, so I put my stuff on too. We gathered all it's poles that came off in our yard and the back neighbor's yard, then we tried to un-wedge the trampoline from the snow. It was kind of a surreal feeling to be out in an Alaskan winter carrying a trampoline through the back yard at 3 am. We got it back, but it's damaged and we can't get it put back together. We are still missing a pole too. It'll turn up when the snow melts.
For Halloween we dressed up as the Incredibles. Shad was Mr. Incredible, I was Elastagirl, Amaya was violet, Dash was Dash, and Ella was Mirage. I failed to get good pictures.
I got myself a few cute church items on my trip to the Lower 48.
Complain as I will about living up here, I do love the snow.
Eating an Alaskan snow cone, made with snow and syrup.
The kids playing at the bus stop at 8:35 in the morning.





2 comments:
I love the one of you in the dress! Love it. I miss you guys. Will be so happy to see you more than once every two years!! Come on summer.
you look so good in that dress!
Post a Comment