Last night I discovered that yesterday was my 5 year anniversary for blogging. My friends Heidi and Emily got me into it. I thought it would be one of my passing fads, but then Rebecca started one and we kept encouraging each other and kept them up to date.
This has been the best way of journaling for me and I am pleased that I have stuck to it. I've been meaning to have one of those books printed, so it will be easier for my kids to look through their past pictures and accomplishments. I definitely will have to get on that sooner than later now.
Some of my favorite posts:
I did it!.....I mean we, I put some effort into this one
VALDEZ, AK, I think I love this one because I loved the vacation more than anything
June 2008 This one is a great glimpse into our life...at the time
Don't Cry I just loved this post and always remember that day
Here Goes About me
Bettering Myself Another about me, man I'm a little self-promoting today
Beaches This one because it recants one of my favorite days spent in NC. The Beach, Shad not working, GREAT friends, bare bottoms and twinkies.
And so many more memories that I would've forgotten if I hadn't written them down.
Happy Anniversary, Blog. I am very happy to have created you.
6 comments:
I'm also glad that you started blogging. It makes it feel like you don't live so far away.
I think blogging is the only real journal I keep, too. I like it because it makes me stay positive. When I kept a private journal (like they always told us to in Young Womens) I found I would only ever write about the negative things that happened to me. Sometimes I think about burning all my old journals just because they are so full of negative things.
I look forward to each new blog entry from you, Al. Then I'll hand the iPad to Mom and say, "You need to look at Allison's blog." it's not as good as a phone call, but I like seeing the pics of the kids and your creative ways of sharing what's happening. You are to be commended for keeping it up for five years.
I'm so glad you started blogging! And I totally agree with Emily; I am always more negative in my private journal. I love reading your fav posts and seeing some with my kids. We miss you guys!!
I can't believe it has been 5 years. You also got me hooked!!!
I miss you.
Post a Comment